28 June 2010

Lateralist Relocation

The threat to move to Canada is one of those things that people like to espouse when disappointed with his or her nation. It's a fine threat, but not one that I'd like to see attain any greater prominence in Australia.

The threat to move to Canada really ought be left to Americans. Should we in Oz feel sufficiently dissatisfied with things at home, then our flight of fancy should see us en route to Antarctica. It is far more appropriate geographically, and would certainly indicate to all and sundry that we are seriously bothered about something.

The only other option I can see is even more extreme, and one which ought to be left unuttered for all but the most serious of grievances; namely, the threat to up stumps and make for New Zealand. Mind you, I don't know if I believe that things here could ever get that bad. Call me an optimist, but that's just the way I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment